Friday, August 31, 2007

Luke's NFL Predictions.

To preface my picks, I need to let everyone know of my prowess. Last NFL season, I predicted a Chicago Bears vs. Indianapolis Colts final with Indy winning the Superbowl. Guess what? I was right.

If you listened to the radio show this week, you'll already know what I'm about to tell you. With my picks, I went through every teams' schedule, game by game, and predicted wins and losses. I'll spare you the boredom of every team's peril and just tell you Division winners, wild card spots and playoff predictions.

AFC North
Division Winner - Cincinnati Bengals (13-3) - It was very difficult for me to pick against Baltimore here, but looking at the schedule, I think Cincy has a great opportunity.
Wild Card - Baltimore Ravens (12-4) - A slightly tougher schedule, in my opinion, relegates this powerhouse to a wild card spot.

AFC East
Division Winner - New England Patriots (12-4) - Need I say more?

AFC West
Division Winner - San Diego Chargers (12-4) - LT is amazing and the defense looks incredible.
Wild Card - Denver Broncos (11-5) - A team that always puts a promising product on the field.

AFC South
Division Winner - Indianapolis Colts (13-3) - Defending champs with all the pieces in place.

NFC North
Division Winner - Chicago Bears (13-3) - Defense wins championships. Or divisions.

NFC East
Division Winner - Philadelphia Eagles (12-4) - If Donovan is healthy, so are the Eagles.
Wild Card - Dallas Cowboys (11-5) - Dallas is as 'shoe-in' as you get without winning a Division.
Wild Card - New York Giants (10-6) - Although I don't consider the Giants to be very strong, they have a favourable schedule outside of their own division.

NFC West
Division Winner - St. Louis Rams (9-7) - This division was tough for me to call, and I could end up eating my words with any of the 4 teams in that division. If my predictions have a chink in their armour, it's here.

NFC South
Division Winner - New Orleans Saints (10-6) - Teams will be more prepared for the Saints this year. But you can only be so prepared for a hurricane...too soon?

AFC Playoff Picture
Wild Card #1 - Chargers vs. Ravens = Ravens
Wild Card #2 - Patriots vs. Broncos = Patriots

Division #1 - Colts vs. Patriots = Patriots
Division #2 - Bengals vs. Ravens = Ravens

AFC - Patriots vs. Ravens = Ravens

NFC Playoff Picture
Wild Card #1 - Saints vs. Giants = Saints
Wild Card #2 - Rams vs. Cowboys = Cowboys

Division #1 - Bears vs. Saints = Bears
Division #2 - Eagles vs. Cowboys = Eagles

NFC - Bears vs. Eagles = Eagles

Superbowl Picture
AFC Baltimore Ravens vs. NFC Philadelphia Eagles = Philadelphia Eagles

1 comment:

Matt said...

Sideshow's probably scared to post his picks cause then EVERYONE would know wrong he is!! LOL